Soft Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

I clearly have an addiction to cookies. I guess things could be worse but I’m not sure…having piles of soft cookies staring at me is not good. These cookies are awesome. They would be good dipped in chocolate, and maybe even better with some icing sandwiched between two. They stay soft long after they’ve cooled and the hint of cinnamon makes them seem like the perfect Fall cookie. Enjoy!

Soft Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats (I used packets of brown sugar instant oatmeal)

1. In a medium bowl, cream together white sugar, butter, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda,and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roll the dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen cookies although this recipe is very easy to half which is what I did.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in food, recipes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Soft Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

1. alexis says:

i want one or five with my coffee right now!! yummmmm!

2. Kara says:

Holy delicious!! I am so going to make these! Thanks Linds!

3. Samantha says:

YUM!! they look delish! Thanks for posting the recipe, I hope mine come out looking this good!

4. Dana says:

Can’t wait to make these! Mmmm. Look at you being all domestic! ; )

5. Melanie Big says:

Oh my God! So indulging! I can’t wait to make some of this and dunk it on my hot tea of coffee. Yummy!

6. Rose Forever says:

Wow! It looks great and taste delicious on the photos. Indeed! It is perfect on a tea coffee especially when the coffee is made of some fresh ingredients.

7. Pingback: Cookie Baking Essentials | HIPLIP