Cinnamon Sugar Dough Balls

I’ve seen these dough balls all over the blog world. They were a big hit at the
Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco (I did not attend). Diana from The Chic Life finally recreated the recipe and while I don’t know if it’s exact since I haven’t tasted the original, she is certainly getting high praise from those who have.

Here is Diana’s recipe for Chocolate Chip Dough Balls.

Of course when I decided to bake last last week I didn’t have any chocolate chips on hand. So, with a couple changes to the original recipe I present you:

Cinnamon Sugar Dough Balls
Inspired by Annie the Baker. Adapted from The Chic Life.

-1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/8 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1 egg
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mix. I put cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar in a sandwich bag and shake it up. Then just drop the dough balls in and shake for easy coating.

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, mix sugars and butter till creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined.
4. Mix wet into the dry. Note: it will appear there is not enough liquid for the amount of dry ingredients, but continue mixing. It will form into a dough, it will just be a firm dough. Refrigerate dough for at least 20 minutes before using a small scoop to scoop out dough into small mounds (I used my cookie scoop seen here).
5. Roll each mound into a ball, then roll in cinnamon sugar mix
6. Spread evenly on a baking sheet, leaving roughly 2 inches between each dough ball.
7. Bake balls for 10-14 minutes (I baked for 10), depending on how set you want your centers. Let your dough balls rest on the baking sheet to cool at least 5-10 minutes.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in food, recipes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Cinnamon Sugar Dough Balls

1. Stacey says:

Yummy, those look so good!!

2. alexis says:

ummm. yum. i have the ingredients and i will be making those stat!!!

3. Kara says:

Your blog is making me fat LOL. LOVE this recipe… gotta give it a go!

4. Kara says:

I seriously printed out every recipe you referenced and yours. I am going to bake these tonight for an “office party” LOL

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cinnamon Sugar Dough Balls | HIPLIP -- Topsy.com

6. Pingback: Recipe: Easy Baked Ziti | HIPLIP

7. Kate says:

These are making my mouth water! I have all the ingredients except the rolled oats…do you think it would work without them??

• HIP LIP says:

Yes! I think the oats actually made them a tiny bit dry so they might even be better with less/without them. If the dough seems too liquidy you could throw in a couple more tablespoons of flour. Report back!

8. Presley says:

Gonna make those sounds so good

9. Ajah says:

This is our first time baking these things.

10. Sarah says:

Mine fell, they were more like cookies, but they are still delicious! I think it was because I melted my butter too much.