I received this request on twitter over the weekend:
I have a hip lip mission for you: I have pretty naturally wavy hair and it takes forever to dry and straighten. Then I go to bed and wake up and my hair is either flat, frizzy or wavy. What are some tips to keep my second day hair looking like 1st day hair w/o starting all over? or spending another 30 minutes re-straightening it? I need a wake up and go to school fast fix.
Here are some tips:
1. Invest in a keratin treatment. Pros: lasts for 3-4 months, keeps you hair straight and perfect after mere minutes of drying time. Cons: can be anywhere from $150-400 (look for a groupon, living social, or other deal!), non-FDA approved because of chemical risks – read more about that here. This is definitely a ‘try at your own risk’ thing but I have seen the results and they are amazing.
2. Don’t go to bed right after blow drying/straightening. Your hair needs some time to set and cool off. It is much more likely to crimp if you don’t give it an hour to cool off.
3. Two product recommendations to cut the frizz: Living Proof & Moroccan Oil. Your hair is probably super dry from the blow dryer and straightener so use these to get the moisture back.
4. Switch to a silk or satin pillow case. Hair is less likely to get caught and matted on a smoother service.
5. Puff up your hair on the 2nd day with dry shampoo. Just dab some on your roots and rub it in. It’ll give you instant volume.
Does anyone else have any tips for this lovely lady?? She’s short on time but still wants to look glam. Don’t we all? Let’s help her out!