Elf on the Shelf

So, I’d be lying if I said I’m never going to torture my kids in the name of fun. I am. I really look forward to having children one day and pulling out the Elf on the Shelf. For some reason, I think this will make parenting really fun. Maybe at the expense of my little angels but Mommy has to have fun too! Basically you put this “elf” on a shelf and then tell your kids it’s watching them and reporting back to Santa. I’ve heard tales of kids going to bed early, doing chores, and just acting sweet as can be. Isn’t there something that can be put on the shelf year round?

Elf on the Shelf, $29.95

Advertisements
This entry was posted in gifts, home and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Elf on the Shelf

1. wendy says:

I love that! Hanukkah needs some version of this!

2. Julie says:

I just heard about this during the LHWL Home tour. You are supposed to hide the elf every nite after the kids go to bed and they get to find the elf in different locations every day. Then the elf watches them during the day and reports back to Santa. I’m liking this idea! Do you think it would work on a 23 &19 year old kids?

3. Lindsey says:

I have been meaning to go buy this. We’ve been NEEDING.IT.BIG.TIME lately.

4. Kara says:

This is AWESOME. I need to get one of these! Thanks Linds!

5. ebwatler says:

did you and mckay have your own special elf that left you presents at christmas when you were little? or am i making that up?

6. Pingback: Two Must-See Websites for the Holidays | HIPLIP

7. Jennifer V. says:

We started this today! L is getting into it for sure! We named our Elf “Fred”. I can’t wait to see where he is hiding tomorrow!!