When we were in South Beach a couple of weeks ago we had a delicious meal at BLT Steak Miami. They start the meal with these amazing popovers that are served with a little recipe card. I knew I had to try them at home. They are super easy to make and so yummy! Give them a try!
BLT Popovers – makes 12
-4 cups milk, warmed
-4 cups flour
-1 1/2 heaping tbsp salt
-2 1/4 cups grated Gruyère cheese
1. Place the popover pan in the oven. Heat the oven and pan to 350 degrees.
2. Gently warm milk over low heat and set aside. Whisk the eggs until frothy and slowly whisk in the milk (so as not to cook the eggs). Set the mixture aside.
3. Mix the flour with the salt. Slowly add this dry mixture to the eggs/milk and gently combine until mostly smooth.
4. Once combined, remove the popover pan from the oven and spray with non-stick cooking spray. While the batter is still slightly warm or room temperature (definitely not cool), fill each popover cup 3/4 full.
5. Top each popover with 2 1/2 tbsp of grated Gruyère.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, rotating pan half a turn after 15 minutes of baking. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Voila!